I am a guitar gadfly. I find music in general and guitar in particular to be endlessly fascinating. I enjoy discovering new things about the guitar and about music theory, and I also enjoy helping others make musical discoveries. I used to be an 89A2343aerl-rock but over the years I have become an 89A3444aerl-jazz.
- Fender Squier Vintage Jaguar
- J. Steele semi-hollow body electric
- Jasmine acoustic by Takamine
- Maestro acoustic by Gibson; $5 at a garage sale!
- Peavey Vypyr 30 amp with Sanpera II footswitch
- DigiTech JamMan looper pedal
- Korg Beat Boy drum machine
My music history:
- Piano lessons age 6-9
- Trumpet lessons age 9-17
- High school jazz band, marching band, symphonic band (trumpet/euphonium)
- Strummed first guitar chord in 1989 (age 21)
- Mostly self-taught on guitar (two 2-year stints taking lessons)
I grew up in Colorado Springs, Colorado. I graduated from Northwestern University and served nine years in the Navy, flying the SH-60B Seahawk helicopter. I live in Billings, Montana with my wife and daughter.